The case manager at NC State works collaboratively with campus resources to provide support for students who are in crisis or who are identified as exhibiting concerning or worrisome behaviors. Effective case management ensures that the community at large remains safe while the student involved gains the necessary resources to remain successful academically and personally at NC State. The case manager does this by:
- Providing comprehensive outreach and consultation services to the NC State community in order to proactively identify students who are struggling
- Providing early intervention and behaviorally based assessments to determine appropriate resources and referrals to campus and community resource
- Working constructively with students to foster resilience and self-advocacy
- Monitoring student progress
- Student, Staff, Faculty, and Parents will know how and when to report their concerns about a student in crisis
- Students will have a greater knowledge of University resources and access points
- Students will express greater efficacy in connecting with appropriate University resources
Office Location and Directions:
Our office is located in Clark Hall on the eastern side of NC State’s main campus – near the intersection of Cates Ave. and Pullen Road. For those familiar with Clark Dining Hall, the entrance to our office is located directly to the left of the entrance to Clark Dining Hall. Click here for a Google map of the building.
Parking: Most students and guests can find parking in the Coliseum Deck Pay Lot located at Dunn Avenue. Please note that this lot does not accept cash payments – only credit cards are accepted. For additional information on parking at NC State, please consult the Parking and Transportation website.
Unfortunately, our office does not provide parking vouchers for students or their guests.