The Case Manager at NC State provides post-hospitalization support, coordination of care, and advocacy. A student who is admitted to the hospital will be referred to the Student Behavioral Case Manager for a mandatory meeting. The goal of this meeting is to mitigate any ongoing concerns and determine whether, and to what extent, additional support from the services at NC State might benefit the student going forward. Prior to leaving the hospital, students are encouraged to sign a Release of Information and request that contact be made with the Student Behavioral Case Manager to schedule a meeting.
Case management services are available to help with the following:
- Acting as liaison between the student and campus departments as requested by the student;
- Coordinating academic questions or concerns with the student’s Academic Dean, including notifying professors and others of any absences or missed work during a hospitalization. Please note: unless otherwise indicated by the student, professors will be informed that the student has experienced a medical emergency;
- Providing information and resources related to late semester withdawal or drop processes;
- Advocating with the student to obtain on-campus accommodations related to the student’s medical needs;
- Assisting the student with reintegration into the NC State residential and/or campus community;
- Other supports as needed on a case-by-case basis;